PORT EYNON COMMUNITY COUNCIL
NOTES OF A ZOOM MEETING HELD ON 19th OCTOBER 2020
Participating: Robert Fisher, Gareth Evans, Sheila Fisher, Martin Cox, Barry stubbings
Apologies: Dave Lewis, Gareth Jones
Purpose: To discuss key issues and progress planned expenditure.
Agreed immediate expenditure:
- To purchase a new notice board for Scurlage Green, to be sited close to bus stop. (£2,000)
- To relocate existing bench from opposite Salisbury Close to above new Notice Board.
- To purchase a memorial seat for war memorial garden area. (£1,000)
- To purchase new bench seat to be placed on green area at end of Monksland Road in Scurlage. (£1,000)
- To obtain from City Council, or purchase, new dog bins for Scurlage, Overton and Port Eynon
- To purchase Xmas trees for Scurlage and Port Eynon. (£500)
- To secure contractor to restore notice boards at Port Eynon and Knelston, erect new board at Scurlage, resite seat and clear old posts. (£500).
Knelston School – assistance with a blindfold/sensory trail in woodland area near to Knelston Garage.
- Liaise with City Council on speed restriction along A4118.
- Liaise with City Council on new and additional rubbish bins for Port Eynon.
- Liaise with City Council on possible long term lease of village green area at rear of Borfa House.
- Liaise with City Council/Gower AONB on lowering of sand dunes fronting shops in Port Eynon.
- Liaise with Sketty Housing on replanting of trees at Scurlage Green.
- Port Eynon Car park to be open on 24/7 basis, also key evening businesses now have a key to assist customers.
- Wire fence between car park and Sky & Sea Park is to be reinstated to original boundary.
- Posts along lane to Hostel and salt House to be cleared of encroaching undergrowth.